AEC Developments is a dynamic, integrated construction management firm located in Kitchener, Ontario. We are wholly owned by the same partners as WalterFedy, functioning as a sister company. AEC Developments Inc. was designed to meet a growing need for a streamlined project delivery approach. By integrating the owner, designer, and constructor into a construction project into a more collaborative manner, we ensure seamless and successful delivery of challenging and time-sensitive projects.
AEC Developments is seeking an experienced Site Superintendent to join our team. This position is responsible for day to day construction site management, compliance with all construction drawings and specifications, effective planning and schedule management, site health and safety, and oversight and coordination of subtrades as required. It will involve interaction between owners, consultants and contractors.
This role will require travel to work sites within Southwestern Ontario.
What You Will Do
- Plan, organize and manage all aspects of daily operations at the work site
- Establish and foster a culture of safe work practices and compliance on the work site
- Administer and drive the project schedule to ensure project timelines are maintained
- Provide high quality work that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations
- Work in a manner that respects the owner, the trades, building officials and design partners
- Utilize available resources in order to proactively avoid issues prior to them occurring
- Ensure that deficiencies are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner
- Exercise a high level of integrity
What We Need
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience as a construction site superintendent
- A solid understanding of building construction methods and details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to address and resolve conflict and manage risk
- Ability to work with all levels from the trades to the owner in a productive and professional manner
- Strong organizational ability to keep documents accessible and current and the site efficient
- In this role you will work within the company safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plus performance-based bonus.
- Benefits program and employee RRSP program.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates who apply for this interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in AEC Developments Inc.
Location: Kitchener Office
675 Queen Street South, Suite 111
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2M 1A1