This role will require travel to work sites within Southwestern Ontario.
AEC Developments is a dynamic, integrated construction management firm located in Kitchener, Ontario. We are wholly owned by the same partners as WalterFedy, functioning as a sister company. AEC Developments Inc. was designed to meet a growing need for a streamlined project delivery approach. By integrating the owner, designer, and constructor into a construction project in a more collaborative manner, we ensure seamless and successful delivery of challenging and time-sensitive projects.
AEC Developments is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of construction and renovation projects, which would include pre-construction services (estimating and scheduling), project execution, turn-over, and project close-out/warranty. The successful candidate should be well organized, an excellent communicator, committed to providing excellent customer service both internally and externally, a dedicated team member, and willing to take on a challenge. This position will involve interaction between owners, consultants, and contractors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, organize, and manage all aspects of construction and renovation projects, including site logistics and scheduling of subcontractors
- Promote and enforce a culture of safe work practices and compliance on the work site
- Develop and implement project schedules to ensure project timelines are maintained
- Oversee changes to scope and cost, and administer appropriate documentation
- Liaise with owner’s representative to ensure expectations are being met
- Solicit and retain subcontractors to complete the scope of work
- Utilize available resources in order to proactively avoid issues
- Ensure that deficiencies are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner
- Exercise a high level of integrity
WHAT WE NEED
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience as a Project Manager or Construction Manager
- University Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field
- Understanding of different project delivery models (Construction Management, Stipulated Sum, Design-Build)
- Ability to solve problems as they arise, understand complex issues, and exercise sound judgement towards handling problems or issues
- Proactive mindset with an excellent ability to prioritize workload
- Solid understanding of building construction methods and details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to address and resolve conflict and manage risk
- Ability to work with all levels of a project from the trades to the owner in a productive and professional manner
- GSC, PMP, and LEED AP accreditation’s considered an asset
- Ability to work within the company’s safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plus performance-based bonus
- Benefits program and employee RRSP program
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in AEC Developments Inc.
Location: Kitchener Office
675 Queen Street South, Suite 111
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2M 1A1